- Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides on-demand computing resources and services in the cloud, with pay-as-you-go pricing.
- AWS officially launched on march 14, 2006
- It is one of the leading cloud providers.
- It charges based on the number of hour usage of infrastructure/services.
- It provides IAAS and PAAS services.
- We can access AWS using GUI, CLI, SDK and API.
AWS Service Catalog
Introduction to AWS services
IAM – Identify and Access Management service
- Securely control individual and group access to your AWS resources.
- Enables to create and manage Users, Groups, Role and Permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
VPS – Virtual Private Cloud
- provides logically Isolated virtual network in the AWS cloud.
- Complete control over your virtual networking environment-selection of own IP address range, creation of subnets, configuration of route tables and internet gateways.
EC2 – Elastic Compute Cloud
- EC2 is classified as IAAS solution – provides on demand scalable computing capacity.
- Virtual Linux/Unix/Windows server hosted in Amazon’s infrastructure in selected region.
- Used to develop and host software systems.
- Infrastructure with OS licensing provided , managed and maintained by Amazon
- AMI: Amazon Machine Image – Preconfigured software templates
- Instance Type: Various configuration of CPU, Memory, storage and network.
- Security group: virtual firewall that controls the traffic to the instance.
- EBS: Elastic Block Store – persistent block storage volumes for EC2.
- Key pair: private key to access EC2 instances.
- ELB: Elastic Load Balancing – Automatically distributes incoming application traffic across multiple Amazon EC2 instances.
- Auto Scaling: Designed to launch/terminate EC2 instances automatically based on scaling plan.
S3 – Simple Storage Service
- Cloud storage for the internet.
- Used to store, retrieve any/infinite amount of data from anywhere and anytime.
- Idle for storing publicly facing data.
- Secure cloud storage for backup and archiving your mission critical data.
- Offers inexpensive static website hosting.
RDS – Relational Database Service
- RDS used to set up, manage and scale relational databases in cloud.
- Idle to run a fully featured relational database while offloading database administration
- Supports Amazon Aurora, MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
- Provides automatic backup, software updates and point-in time recovery.
Sample AWS infrastructure architecture
That’s it. Thank you for reading this post.
I want you to do something for me right now: Leave a comment !!!
Like this post? Don’t forget to share it!